POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Any live-DVD distros containing PoV-Ray 3.6 (or even 3.7)? : Re: Any live-DVD distros containing PoV-Ray 3.6 (or even 3.7)? Server Time
6 May 2024 15:55:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Any live-DVD distros containing PoV-Ray 3.6 (or even 3.7)?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 18 Mar 2012 20:48:29
Message: <4f66825d$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 23:42:43 +0100, Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann wrote:

> I tried OpenSuSe 12.1, but all attempts to install it failed because of
> lacking graphics adapter support (no KDE).

Surprised that it didn't work - what hardware are you using?

You can take the LiveCD media and use isohybrid to prepare it to be put
on a USB stick, and then install anything needed after that.

Or you can use SUSE Studio to build a custom distribution that uses a
base installation (as stripped down as you want) and add your own stuff
to it.

Jim