POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Comfortable editor for POV-Ray under Debian Linux? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 14:04:34 EDT (-0400)
  Comfortable editor for POV-Ray under Debian Linux? (Message 3 to 12 of 12)
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Comfortable editor for POV-Ray under Debian Linux?
Date: 3 Nov 2008 11:46:41
Message: <490f2af1$1@news.povray.org>
Warp escreveu:

>> So, does an editor frontend similar to the one coming with POV-Ray for
>> Windows exist for Debian Linux?
>
>   I think there was something similar, but personally I use emacs with the
> pov-mode extension. It looks like this:
>
> http://tag.povray.org/povQandT/EmacsPovFrontend.png

Yes, this question is probably the most asked around, and though there
are text editors insanely more powerful and featureful than pov's one,
like vim or emacs, most users with Windows background do not want to
learn them or any other text editing paradigm different from notepad's.

I recommend your friend either run pov win through wine or take 30
minutes of his life to learn the basics of vim or emacs and have much
better text editing skills for the rest of his life.

Post a reply to this message