POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : WxPyvon : new POVRAY Editor for Linux Server Time
26 Jun 2024 02:50:22 EDT (-0400)
  WxPyvon : new POVRAY Editor for Linux (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: fabien HENON
Subject: WxPyvon : new POVRAY Editor for Linux
Date: 30 May 2005 22:32:46
Message: <429bccce@news.povray.org>
Hi you all,

Some of you may have used Pyvon ( a POV-RAY editor for Linux) sometime ago.
Due to lack of time (and others plans in life), I more or less dropped
the development of Pyvon.

2 months ago, I restarted to write it from scratch, this time using a
more elaborate wrapper : wxPython (-> hence the name :).

It is now completely useable (just a few things are still disabled)

It makes extensive use of Scintilla -> WxPvyon feature syntax
highlighting and word completion.

WxPyvon has more or less the same layout as Pyvon plus a couple of nice
features.
- On Kde render window can be kept on top.
(Does anyone know how to launch an app on top on gnome, windowmaker,...)
- Magnify or unmagnify the current window

It requires :
python (I use version 2.4)
wxpython 2.5.3

try to install psyco (but it should work without it)

How to run it :
Once you have unpacked it just cd to the directory and type python b60.py

A few things still need some work :
insert does not work
directives still need some work
add a Todo list

As always, comments, found bugs, suggestions ... are welcome

I hope you will enjoy it

Fabien

to reply remove '_nospam_'

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'wxpyvon_b60.tar.gz' (72 KB)

> Some of you may have used Pyvon ( a POV-RAY editor for Linux) sometime ago.
> Due to lack of time (and others plans in life), I more or less dropped
> the development of Pyvon.
>
> 2 months ago, I restarted to write it from scratch, this time using a
> more elaborate wrapper : wxPython (-> hence the name :).
>
> It is now completely useable (just a few things are still disabled)
>

> It makes extensive use of Scintilla -> WxPvyon feature syntax
> highlighting and word completion.
>
> WxPyvon has more or less the same layout as Pyvon plus a couple of nice
> features.
> - On Kde render window can be kept on top.
> (Does anyone know how to launch an app on top on gnome, windowmaker,...)
> - Magnify or unmagnify the current window
>

> It requires :
> python (I use version 2.4)
> wxpython 2.5.3
>
> try to install psyco (but it should work without it)
>

> How to run it :
> Once you have unpacked it just cd to the directory and type python b60.py
>

> A few things still need some work :
> insert does not work
> directives still need some work
> add a Todo list
>
> As always, comments, found bugs, suggestions ... are welcome
>

> I hope you will enjoy it
>
> Fabien
>

> to reply remove '_nospam_'

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (27 KB)

Found a bug in the render on top option. It is better not to use it for
the time being

fabien HENON wrote:
> Hi you all,
>
> Some of you may have used Pyvon ( a POV-RAY editor for Linux) sometime ago.
> Due to lack of time (and others plans in life), I more or less dropped
> the development of Pyvon.
>
> 2 months ago, I restarted to write it from scratch, this time using a
> more elaborate wrapper : wxPython (-> hence the name :).
>
> It is now completely useable (just a few things are still disabled)
>

> It makes extensive use of Scintilla -> WxPvyon feature syntax
> highlighting and word completion.
>
> WxPyvon has more or less the same layout as Pyvon plus a couple of nice
> features.
> - On Kde render window can be kept on top.
> (Does anyone know how to launch an app on top on gnome, windowmaker,...)
> - Magnify or unmagnify the current window
>

> It requires :
> python (I use version 2.4)
> wxpython 2.5.3
>
> try to install psyco (but it should work without it)
>

> How to run it :
> Once you have unpacked it just cd to the directory and type python b60.py
>

> A few things still need some work :
> insert does not work
> directives still need some work
> add a Todo list
>
> As always, comments, found bugs, suggestions ... are welcome
>

> I hope you will enjoy it
>
> Fabien
>

> to reply remove '_nospam_'

Post a reply to this message