POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : High School openMOSIX Cluster - skyvase.pov Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:24:21 EDT (-0400)
  High School openMOSIX Cluster - skyvase.pov (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Miguel A  Mota
Subject: High School openMOSIX Cluster - skyvase.pov
Date: 23 Aug 2002 22:17:54
Message: <3d66ecd2$1@news.povray.org>
Thank you all very much for all your answers to my questions.  I will
download the suggest editors, and give them a spin.  I been trying to render
the infamous skyvase.pov with the following command line:

povray +V skyvase.pov +W1024 +H768 +P

  But I get that error that I constantly get with some pov files I try to
render ( missing .ini ...blah blah blah... check if +L switch used).
Anyway, can someone direct me to where I can download it?  I waiting for the
pdf version of the documentation to read further on povray and resolve that
constant error.

Thanks
--
Miguel A. Mota
Cha### [at] Netzeronet

Post a reply to this message

>     Thank you all very much for all your answers to my questions.  I will
> download the suggest editors, and give them a spin.  I been trying to
> render the infamous skyvase.pov with the following command line:
>
> povray +V skyvase.pov +W1024 +H768 +P
>
>   But I get that error that I constantly get with some pov files I try to
> render ( missing .ini ...blah blah blah... check if +L switch used).
> Anyway, can someone direct me to where I can download it?  I waiting for
> the pdf version of the documentation to read further on povray and resolve
> that constant error.

  First, please don't post repeated messages to several groups, specially
if they are not the apropiate (p.text.scene-files).

  Second, I suggest you to not wait more to read the manual: the html
version is not that bad, and you can read it with a text-only browser. At
least read about the basics on the comand line and how to call the program.

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia
http://www.ignorancia.org

Post a reply to this message

If you're still having trouble, it's because you're not giving povray the right
commands

povray +V +Iskyvase.pov ...

you need the +I for .pov files. .ini files don't need the +I (Input File)