POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : (Off Topic) - Help Blender 3D Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:32:12 EDT (-0400)
  (Off Topic) - Help Blender 3D (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Marcelo Rodrigues
Subject: (Off Topic) - Help Blender 3D
Date: 29 Jul 2002 11:59:58
Message: <3d456675@news.povray.org>
I'm sorry posting this (I know it's way off topic) but I'd hate to see this
happening...
The company who owns the Blender license is getting out of business. So,
people started a campain, in order to buy the source code of blender and
release it to the comunity.

The link to more info is

http://www.blender3d.com/

Again, sorry about this absolute off-topic - but maybe some of you would
find this important.
Oh, yes. I have nothing to do with this site, nor I will contribute. It's
just Blender is so well-spoken, I thought some of You could find useful to
know.
And sorry about my (bad) english.

[]s

> I'm sorry posting this (I know it's way off topic) but I'd hate to see this
> happening...
> The company who owns the Blender license is getting out of business. So,
> people started a campain, in order to buy the source code of blender and
> release it to the comunity.
>
> The link to more info is
>
> http://www.blender3d.com/
>
> Again, sorry about this absolute off-topic - but maybe some of you would
> find this important.
> Oh, yes. I have nothing to do with this site, nor I will contribute. It's
> just Blender is so well-spoken, I thought some of You could find useful to
> know.
> And sorry about my (bad) english.
>
> []s
>
> --

It is not out off topic, because there exist python scripts, which convert
Blender scene to povray file. Two different versions exists.

1) PovAnim: http://jmsoler.free.fr/util/blenderfile/povanim.htm
    (this script is usable for povray3.5)
2) povExport.py http://www.janw.gothere.uk.com/exportmesh.html#povray1
    (you have to modify this script a little bit:
    "import Blender" -> import Blender210 as Blender
    this is usable for povray3.1, povray3.5)

Jiri Hnidek