POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : (Off Topic) - Help Blender 3D : Re: (Off Topic) - Help Blender 3D Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:30:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: (Off Topic) - Help Blender 3D
From: Jiri Hnidek
Date: 5 Aug 2002 10:30:42
Message: <3D4F0A6C.9F1A76BA@vslib.cz>
> I'm sorry posting this (I know it's way off topic) but I'd hate to see this
> happening...
> The company who owns the Blender license is getting out of business. So,
> people started a campain, in order to buy the source code of blender and
> release it to the comunity.
>
> The link to more info is
>
> http://www.blender3d.com/
>
> Again, sorry about this absolute off-topic - but maybe some of you would
> find this important.
> Oh, yes. I have nothing to do with this site, nor I will contribute. It's
> just Blender is so well-spoken, I thought some of You could find useful to
> know.
> And sorry about my (bad) english.
>
> []s
>
> --

It is not out off topic, because there exist python scripts, which convert
Blender scene to povray file. Two different versions exists.

1) PovAnim: http://jmsoler.free.fr/util/blenderfile/povanim.htm
    (this script is usable for povray3.5)
2) povExport.py http://www.janw.gothere.uk.com/exportmesh.html#povray1
    (you have to modify this script a little bit:
    "import Blender" -> import Blender210 as Blender
    this is usable for povray3.1, povray3.5)

Jiri Hnidek