POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Using the Emacs POV-Mode in the win32 XEmacs Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:29:34 EDT (-0400)
  Using the Emacs POV-Mode in the win32 XEmacs (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: The "D"
Subject: Using the Emacs POV-Mode in the win32 XEmacs
Date: 23 Apr 2001 02:45:04
Message: <3ae3cf70$1@news.povray.org>

Post a reply to this message

From: Steve
Subject: Re: Using the Emacs POV-Mode in the win32 XEmacs
Date: 23 Apr 2001 13:07:16
Message: <slrn9e8o82.c99.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 02:40:41 -0400, The \"D\" wrote:

>Ok I'll admit it's slightly ot for this group but I figure the folks
>in p.w won't have any idea what I'm talking about ^_~. Anyway I was
>wondering what it would take to modify the emacs pov-ray mode to
>where it would render and all of that under windows, or if there's a
>way to get my emacs keys into the windows front end. (I currently
>can't make heads or tails of lisp files so.....)

You may want to have a look at the NGs gnu.emacs.help and comp.emacs on
usenet.  But what you want sounds like a bit of a tall order, particularly
on the window buttons thing.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  5:40pm  up 80 days, 18:25,  2 users,  load average: 1.19, 1.23, 1.17

Post a reply to this message

> Ok I'll admit it's slightly ot for this group but I figure the folks
> in p.w won't have any idea what I'm talking about ^_~. Anyway I was
> wondering what it would take to modify the emacs pov-ray mode to
> where it would render and all of that under windows, or if there's a
> way to get my emacs keys into the windows front end. (I currently
> can't make heads or tails of lisp files so.....)

For emacs you probably need a command line version of Povray, you might
try:

http://www.schunter.etc.tu-bs.de/~chris/povcyg.html

Concerning the windows front end, you can edit the key assignments in
Editor -> CodeMax Properties.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>

: For emacs you probably need a command line version of Povray

  WinPov can be called from the command line as well.

--
#local D=array[6]{11117333955,7382340,3358,3900569407,970,4254934330}
#local I=0;#macro M()<mod(D[I],13)-6,mod(div(D[I],13),8)-3,10>#end

Post a reply to this message

> Ok I'll admit it's slightly ot for this group but I figure the folks
> in p.w won't have any idea what I'm talking about ^_~. Anyway I was
> wondering what it would take to modify the emacs pov-ray mode to
> where it would render and all of that under windows, or if there's a
> way to get my emacs keys into the windows front end. (I currently
> can't make heads or tails of lisp files so.....)

hmm, what are you trying to do?
Do you want get the rendered files into another directory, if so then
I'm sorry to say that it's not easily done. But it's possible, I'll see
what I can do for the next version of pov-mode, I added it to my
todolist

/Peter Toneby
--
Alpha Test Version:  Too buggy to be released to the paying public.
Beta Test Version:  Still too buggy to be released.

Post a reply to this message