POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Is PovRay GUI'd for X? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:24:05 EDT (-0400)
  Is PovRay GUI'd for X? (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Elwin Beall
Subject: Is PovRay GUI'd for X?
Date: 10 Apr 2001 10:25:50
Message: <3AD3178E.9CC5E2C2@usa.alcatel.com>
Does PovRay run in a window on X much like the Windoze version?  I tried
x-povray which I compiled for my smp machine (make newxwin), but I only
get console functionality.  I can't get x-povray to run in a window.

Please send responses to ebe### [at] ncrrcom.
Thanx,
WB

Post a reply to this message

> Does PovRay run in a window on X much like the Windoze version?  I tried
> x-povray which I compiled for my smp machine (make newxwin), but I only
> get console functionality.  I can't get x-povray to run in a window.
>
> Please send responses to ebe### [at] ncrrcom.
> Thanx,
> WB

x-povray only uses X to display the image.
There are various GUI front ends available but I've never used them.
Try Ken's links to find them.

Cheers, PoD.

Post a reply to this message