POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Is PovRay GUI'd for X? : Re: Is PovRay GUI'd for X? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:22:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is PovRay GUI'd for X?
From: Mark Gordon
Date: 12 Apr 2001 01:18:05
Message: <3AD53FD5.220CDB98@mailbag.com>
Elwin Beall wrote:

> Does PovRay run in a window on X much like the Windoze version?  I tried
> x-povray which I compiled for my smp machine (make newxwin), but I only
> get console functionality.  I can't get x-povray to run in a window.
>
> Please send responses to ebe### [at] ncrrcom.
> Thanx,
> WB

A while ago, I decided to look into what sort of code base to use for
putting together a GUI that's similar to the one in Windows (though I'm
not inclined to write a complete clone).  I decided the thing to do
would be to find an existing application that had a lot of the same
functionality.  So I picked one out, and then I moved into an apartment
with the lead developers on that application.  It's a complete
coincidence; I didn't even know they were hacking on that application
until we moved in.

-Mark Gordon