POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : file init error Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:16:13 EDT (-0400)
  file init error (Message 11 to 16 of 16)
From: David F
Subject: Re: Error messages - a patch and a security warning (was: file init error)
Date: 5 Dec 2000 18:26:37
Message: <3A2D79CE.F71129FB@ednet.rvc.cc.il.us>
Thank you very much

"Peter J. Holzer" wrote:

> On Mon, 04 Dec 2000 22:49:42 -0600, David F wrote:
> >I'm really showing my newbie status, but what am I supposed to do with this?
>
> Save the message with the patch to a file (e.g., "/tmp/errmsg.patch")
>
> Get the povray sources, if you don't have them already, and unpack them.
>
> Go to the source directory (cd povray31/source)
>
> Invoke the patch command:
>
>     patch < /tmp/errmsg.patch
>
> It should mumble a bit about successfully applying some hunks, and if
> you look into povray.c and render.c afterwards, you should see the new
> error messages there.
>
> Recompile povray as explained in the file CMPL_Unix.doc.
>
>         hp
>
> --
>    _  | Peter J. Holzer    | Es war nicht Gegenstand der Abstimmung zu

> | |   | hjp### [at] wsracat      | Zahlen neu festzulegen.
> __/   | http://www.hjp.at/ |    -- Johannes Schwenke <jby### [at] ginkode>

Post a reply to this message

From: David F
Date: 5 Dec 2000 21:12:03
Message: <3A2DA093.10077B83@ednet.rvc.cc.il.us>
ok, I applied the patch, recompiled, and make sure I was runnign it in the same
directory so that I would have premission to render the file.   I still get the
ubiquitous "file init error" and no further information.  I get this error when I
run x-povray as well, so I know it is not MegaPOV specific.

"Peter J. Holzer" wrote:

> On Mon, 04 Dec 2000 22:49:42 -0600, David F wrote:
> >I'm really showing my newbie status, but what am I supposed to do with this?
>
> Save the message with the patch to a file (e.g., "/tmp/errmsg.patch")
>
> Get the povray sources, if you don't have them already, and unpack them.
>
> Go to the source directory (cd povray31/source)
>
> Invoke the patch command:
>
>     patch < /tmp/errmsg.patch
>
> It should mumble a bit about successfully applying some hunks, and if
> you look into povray.c and render.c afterwards, you should see the new
> error messages there.
>
> Recompile povray as explained in the file CMPL_Unix.doc.
>
>         hp
>
> --
>    _  | Peter J. Holzer    | Es war nicht Gegenstand der Abstimmung zu

> | |   | hjp### [at] wsracat      | Zahlen neu festzulegen.
> __/   | http://www.hjp.at/ |    -- Johannes Schwenke <jby### [at] ginkode>

Post a reply to this message

Are you sure you are not running povray like this:

povray myfile.pov

?

(Should be: povray -i myfile.pov)