POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : SMP? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:30:19 EDT (-0400)
  SMP? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Frank Ramsay
Subject: SMP?
Date: 16 Apr 2000 13:48:49
Message: <38F9FD50.C2C11F8A@marsdome.penguinpowered.com>
Hi,
I know this is probably in a FAQ somewhere, but I didn't
see one that answered my question so...   I just got up
my SMP Linux box at home and was wondering if there was
a version of POV with SMP support?

			-fjr

--
Frank J. Ramsay
fjr### [at] marsdomepenguinpoweredcom

Post a reply to this message

> I know this is probably in a FAQ somewhere, but I didn't
> see one that answered my question so...   I just got up
> my SMP Linux box at home and was wondering if there was
> a version of POV with SMP support?

I don't think you are going to find one, at least I an not familiar with
any port for SMP operations. There is a good article on this at the
following link:

http://www.acm.org/tog/resources/RTNews/html/rtnv12n2.html#art3

You will also find some more info on this in the VFAQ at:
http://www.students.tut.fi/~warp/povVFAQ/