POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : SMP? : Re: SMP? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:21:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SMP?
From: Ken
Date: 16 Apr 2000 14:01:03
Message: <38F9FFA3.43178A29@pacbell.net>
Frank Ramsay wrote:

> Hi,
> I know this is probably in a FAQ somewhere, but I didn't
> see one that answered my question so...   I just got up
> my SMP Linux box at home and was wondering if there was
> a version of POV with SMP support?

I don't think you are going to find one, at least I an not familiar with
any port for SMP operations. There is a good article on this at the
following link:

http://www.acm.org/tog/resources/RTNews/html/rtnv12n2.html#art3

You will also find some more info on this in the VFAQ at:
http://www.students.tut.fi/~warp/povVFAQ/