POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : hf-lab 0.90 not compiling Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:15:52 EDT (-0400)
  hf-lab 0.90 not compiling (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: TigerHawk
Subject: hf-lab 0.90 not compiling
Date: 12 Nov 1999 18:23:30
Message: <382CA1C9.751A22FF@stic.net>
After getting the tree include files and other things that others
suggested I get, I thought of trying my hand at some landscaping in
Pov-Ray. More specifically, in povray for Linux. I got John Beale's
HF-Lab, but I cannot seem to compile it and was wondering if others had
a similar problem:

gcc -c rand.c -ansi -pedantic -Wall -O2 -DHAS_PNG -I./gdsource -I./zlib
-I./png
gcc -c fftn.c -ansi -pedantic -Wall -O2 -DHAS_PNG -I./gdsource -I./zlib
-I./png
fftn.c:196: warning: string constant runs past end of line
fftn.c:1045: unterminated string or character constant
fftn.c:196: possible real start of unterminated constant
fftn.c:194: unterminated #if' conditional
make: *** [fftn.o] Error 1
TigerHawk:/usr/tmp/hf-lab-0.90/src#

I am not very proficient at code, but the author has not made an update
so I assume it could just be my compiler perhaps? (which, by the way
is:)

Reading specs from
/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i586-pc-linux-gnulibc1/2.95.1/specs
gcc version 2.95.1 19990816 (release)

If you think you can help me, I would apreciate it!

Thanks, and happy tracing,
Tim Soderstrom

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999 17:24:57 -0600, TigerHawk <tig### [at] sticnet> wrote:

>I got John Beale's
>HF-Lab, but I cannot seem to compile it and was wondering if others had
>a similar problem:

  Tim, John has been pretty helpful in the past, concerning his utilities
HF-Lab and G-Forge. Why not e-mail John? He may be running Linux on at least
one of his systems, judging by his home page. bea### [at] bestcom

--
Alan
ako### [at] povrayorg

Post a reply to this message