POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Xfractint outputting improperly Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:27:53 EDT (-0400)
  Xfractint outputting improperly (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: TigerHawk
Subject: Xfractint outputting improperly
Date: 6 Nov 1999 10:39:41
Message: <38244BEE.7AEA9106@stic.net>
I just got the new version (? - the DOS version is 20.0) of fractint for
Linux (Xfractint), and it seems to work quite well, aside from the black
and white terminal and stuff. The problem I am having is that when I try
to output it does, but it has problems outputting properly. For example,
when I render a mandel, I get a collection of large squares representing
the mandel to the left. Plasma either only shows half of itself, or it
shows dots in the output. I tried saving the file and opened it in GIMP
- it opened, but the plasma had a really nasty palette (the output shows
it as blue) and it was broken where it renders each box (of 4).

Any ideas as to what might be causing this would be of help - I can
always get the DOS version if worse comes ot worse (I like it better
anyway :) but I was hoping I could do all my pov-raying in Linux.

Happy tracing,

Tim Soderstrom
TigerHawk

Post a reply to this message