POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : POV-Motif Any Interest ? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:19:36 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Motif Any Interest ? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Ken
Subject: POV-Motif Any Interest ?
Date: 19 Jun 1999 12:59:59
Message: <376BC9A6.FA9ADE89@pacbell.net>
Greetings,

  In a recent email discussion with Mr. Hayden the original author of
POV-Motif, a front end for editor for Povray running under solaris and
linux, he asked that I solicit your responces as to whether there was
any interest in a Java base front end for these platforms.
  Your responces will dictate to a certain amount how much effort he
is willing to put into it. I will forward all responces to this thread
to Mr. Hayden and pass his feedback to you if you have any specific
questions.

Please take the time to respond. If it is a negative response please
outline why you feel it is not of interest to you.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

Post a reply to this message

>   In a recent email discussion with Mr. Hayden the original author of
> POV-Motif, a front end for editor for Povray running under solaris and
> linux, he asked that I solicit your responces as to whether there was
> any interest in a Java base front end for these platforms.
>   Your responces will dictate to a certain amount how much effort he
> is willing to put into it. I will forward all responces to this thread
> to Mr. Hayden and pass his feedback to you if you have any specific
> questions.
>
> Please take the time to respond. If it is a negative response please
> outline why you feel it is not of interest to you.

I've found Pov_motif to be a very handy front end for POV-Ray in
the past, and would love to see developement continued on it. I
don't have Java installed on this machine, so I would prefer if it
were to remain in C/C++.

P.S. The version of POV_motif that I have here (very early ver.)
has some bugs that cause it to dump core. I'd be happy with just
a bug-fix release.

Post a reply to this message

> >   In a recent email discussion with Mr. Hayden the original author of
> > POV-Motif, a front end for editor for Povray running under solaris and
> > linux, he asked that I solicit your responces as to whether there was
> > any interest in a Java base front end for these platforms.
> >   Your responces will dictate to a certain amount how much effort he
> > is willing to put into it. I will forward all responces to this thread
> > to Mr. Hayden and pass his feedback to you if you have any specific
> > questions.
> >
> > Please take the time to respond. If it is a negative response please
> > outline why you feel it is not of interest to you.
>
> I've found Pov_motif to be a very handy front end for POV-Ray in
> the past, and would love to see developement continued on it. I
> don't have Java installed on this machine, so I would prefer if it
> were to remain in C/C++.
>
> P.S. The version of POV_motif that I have here (very early ver.)
> has some bugs that cause it to dump core. I'd be happy with just
> a bug-fix release.

I'll pass on your comments to Mr. Hayden. It's been a while since
I have spoken with him about the program and I am interested to
see where he is with it anyway.