POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : POV-Motif Any Interest ? : Re: POV-Motif Any Interest ? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:19:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Motif Any Interest ?
From: Fred Floberg
Date: 22 Mar 2000 10:38:58
Message: <38D8F871.4CD42DAA@snet.net>
Ken wrote:

> Greetings,
>
>   In a recent email discussion with Mr. Hayden the original author of
> POV-Motif, a front end for editor for Povray running under solaris and
> linux, he asked that I solicit your responces as to whether there was
> any interest in a Java base front end for these platforms.
>   Your responces will dictate to a certain amount how much effort he
> is willing to put into it. I will forward all responces to this thread
> to Mr. Hayden and pass his feedback to you if you have any specific
> questions.
>
> Please take the time to respond. If it is a negative response please
> outline why you feel it is not of interest to you.

I've found Pov_motif to be a very handy front end for POV-Ray in
the past, and would love to see developement continued on it. I
don't have Java installed on this machine, so I would prefer if it
were to remain in C/C++.

P.S. The version of POV_motif that I have here (very early ver.)
has some bugs that cause it to dump core. I'd be happy with just
a bug-fix release.