POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : A question about X Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:16:42 EDT (-0400)
  A question about X (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Peter Popov
Subject: A question about X
Date: 17 Jul 2001 07:39:20
Message: <2m88lt4mnm78ndsvmmah46g3mjlpaq5pcg@4ax.com>
Anyone here working under X? If so, can you tell me how to change the
screen physical resolution (DPI)? Right now I am working at 1024x768
on a 14" monitor. X supposes a resolution of 75x75 DPI (screen size of
35x26 cm, approx.), while it is in fact 100 DPI (26x19 cm). How do I
change it? man xrdb mentions the X_RESOLUTION and Y+RESOLUTION
properties of the root window, but how do I access those?

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg