POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : A question about X : Re: A question about X Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:32:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A question about X
From: Adrien Beau
Date: 18 Jul 2001 05:05:53
Message: <3B555168.98858321@sycomore.fr>
Adrien Beau wrote:

> Using XFree 3.x, I had to put it as a command-line argument
> to the X Server (-dpi 100).

Found it. Edit <x11r6>/lib/xdm/Xservers (where <x11r6> is
a directory that holds configuration about XFree -- it's
not standard at all) and do the following.

There should be a single line like

	:0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X

Simply add the switch after it, like in

	:0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X -dpi 102

> Using XFree 4.x and a recent monitor, everything is
> automatic!

Or you can use DisplaySize in your XF86Config,
like Ole said.

--
Adrien Beau - adr### [at] freefr - http://adrien.beau.free.fr
 Mes propos n'engagent que moi et en aucun cas mes employeurs