POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Suggestion about standard includes Server Time
28 Mar 2024 14:02:48 EDT (-0400)
  Suggestion about standard includes (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Suggestion about standard includes
Date: 30 Mar 2011 03:26:03
Message: <4d92db0b$1@news.povray.org>
I would like to suggest to make a switch or a check box for adding or not
the standard POV-Ray include files to the material output files. It would
free some memory and reduce parsing time, especially when multiple mesh
models are loaded into the same scene.

Logical place would be the /POV-Ray Output/Export/Scene/ block, I believe.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

On 30/03/2011 8:24 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> I would like to suggest to make a switch or a check box for adding or not
> the standard POV-Ray include files to the material output files. It would
> free some memory and reduce parsing time, especially when multiple mesh
> models are loaded into the same scene.
>
> Logical place would be the /POV-Ray Output/Export/Scene/ block, I believe.

Are you talking about PoseRay, Thomas?

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>> I would like to suggest to make a switch or a check box for adding or not
>> the standard POV-Ray include files to the material output files. It would
>> free some memory and reduce parsing time, especially when multiple mesh
>> models are loaded into the same scene.
>>
>> Logical place would be the /POV-Ray Output/Export/Scene/ block, I
>> believe.
>>

> Are you talking about PoseRay, Thomas?

Seems like a reasonable option. I will add it. Right now the includes
are added if a POV-Ray custom material is typed in PoseRay instead of
using the basic material. With the option the following block of code
will be toggled at the top of the materials file:

#include "textures.inc"
#include "stones.inc"
#include "metals.inc"
#include "finish.inc"
#include "golds.inc"
#include "stars.inc"
#include "woods.inc"
#include "skies.inc"
#include "glass.inc"

There is also a set of functions that PoseRay uses for the materials. I
am still debating including them as a separate file or just adding them
to the top of the material file.

FlyerX

Post a reply to this message

From: FlyerX
Date: 30 Mar 2011 23:37:56
Message: <4d93f714$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/30/2011 2:24 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> I would like to suggest to make a switch or a check box for adding or not
> the standard POV-Ray include files to the material output files. It would
> free some memory and reduce parsing time, especially when multiple mesh
> models are loaded into the same scene.
>
> Logical place would be the /POV-Ray Output/Export/Scene/ block, I believe.
>

> Thomas

New PoseRay beta version is up. Couple of bugs fixed too.

http://mysite.verizon.net/sfg0000/

FlyerX

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 31 Mar 2011 10:33:28
Message: <4d9490b8$1@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoys_at@aoldotcom> schreef in bericht
> Are you talking about PoseRay, Thomas?

Errr... yes indeed. I should have mentioned this ;-)

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 31 Mar 2011 10:36:46
Message: <4d94917e@news.povray.org>
Thank you indeed!

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 1 Apr 2011 03:47:38
Message: <4d95831a$1@news.povray.org>
"FlyerX" <fly### [at] yahoocom> schreef in bericht
> New PoseRay beta version is up. Couple of bugs fixed too.

Hmm... Doesn't seem to work correctly. Both checked or unchecked, the
includes are showing up in the material file...

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Bug report for Poseray: New includes tick box is not working correctly
Date: 13 Apr 2011 04:04:32
Message: <4da55910$1@news.povray.org>
I have tested more in detail the new *includes* tick box in Poseray 3.13.8
beta, but it does indeed not work correctly. As soon as the POV-Ray Custom
Materials are used, the following standard includes

//Include files that may be needed by POV-Ray materials...
#include "stdinc.inc"
#include "textures.inc"
#include "stones.inc"
#include "metals.inc"
#include "finish.inc"
#include "golds.inc"
#include "stars.inc"
#include "woods.inc"
#include "skies.inc"
#include "glass.inc"

are downloaded to the object's material file in POV-Ray, whether the *Add
standard includes to the material file* is ticked or not. They should - of
course - be downloaded only if the box is ticked.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: FlyerX
Date: 13 Apr 2011 17:03:36
Message: <4da60fa8$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/13/2011 3:03 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> I have tested more in detail the new *includes* tick box in Poseray 3.13.8
> beta, but it does indeed not work correctly. As soon as the POV-Ray Custom
> Materials are used, the following standard includes
>
> //Include files that may be needed by POV-Ray materials...
> #include "stdinc.inc"
> #include "textures.inc"
> #include "stones.inc"
> #include "metals.inc"
> #include "finish.inc"
> #include "golds.inc"
> #include "stars.inc"
> #include "woods.inc"
> #include "skies.inc"
> #include "glass.inc"
>
> are downloaded to the object's material file in POV-Ray, whether the *Add
> standard includes to the material file* is ticked or not. They should - of
> course - be downloaded only if the box is ticked.
>
> Thomas

It was certainly broken. Thanks for the bug report. I uploaded an
updated beta.

FlyerX

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot