POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Suggestion about standard includes : Re: Suggestion about standard includes Server Time
25 Apr 2024 06:24:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggestion about standard includes
From: FlyerX
Date: 30 Mar 2011 03:55:36
Message: <4d92e1f8$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/30/2011 2:31 AM, Stephen wrote:
>> I would like to suggest to make a switch or a check box for adding or not
>> the standard POV-Ray include files to the material output files. It would
>> free some memory and reduce parsing time, especially when multiple mesh
>> models are loaded into the same scene.
>>
>> Logical place would be the /POV-Ray Output/Export/Scene/ block, I
>> believe.
>>

> Are you talking about PoseRay, Thomas?

Seems like a reasonable option. I will add it. Right now the includes
are added if a POV-Ray custom material is typed in PoseRay instead of
using the basic material. With the option the following block of code
will be toggled at the top of the materials file:

#include "textures.inc"
#include "stones.inc"
#include "metals.inc"
#include "finish.inc"
#include "golds.inc"
#include "stars.inc"
#include "woods.inc"
#include "skies.inc"
#include "glass.inc"

There is also a set of functions that PoseRay uses for the materials. I
am still debating including them as a separate file or just adding them
to the top of the material file.

FlyerX