POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : 3D reconstruction from photos [free] Server Time
29 Mar 2024 05:18:25 EDT (-0400)
  3D reconstruction from photos [free] (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: 3D reconstruction from photos [free]
Date: 1 Jan 2020 15:30:07
Message: <web.5e0d012e85ea15c64eec112d0@news.povray.org>
This looked quite interesting, for anyone who might want to give it a whirl and
see how well it works and if it can be included in a POV-Ray scene workflow.

"How to 3D Photoscan Easy and Free!"

"Learn how to do photogrammetry and create some amazing 3D scans with Meshroom
and Blender for free in this tutorial!  "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4NTf0hMjtY

Post a reply to this message

Op 01/01/2020 om 21:29 schreef Bald Eagle:

> This looked quite interesting, for anyone who might want to give it a whirl and
> see how well it works and if it can be included in a POV-Ray scene workflow.
>
> "How to 3D Photoscan Easy and Free!"
>
> "Learn how to do photogrammetry and create some amazing 3D scans with Meshroom
> and Blender for free in this tutorial!  "
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4NTf0hMjtY

Noted. Thank you for the link.

With the additional use of Poseray, to convert the mesh files to mesh2,
those could be easily included to a POV-Ray scene.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> This looked quite interesting, for anyone who might want to give it a whirl and
> see how well it works and if it can be included in a POV-Ray scene workflow.
>
> "How to 3D Photoscan Easy and Free!"
>
> "Learn how to do photogrammetry and create some amazing 3D scans with Meshroom
> and Blender for free in this tutorial!  "
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4NTf0hMjtY

Just in case anyone thinks, like I did. That you could use Meshroom to mesh-ify

could not find it. At least I think that's why it crashed. Shame really.

Stephen

Post a reply to this message