POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : Converion tool Server Time
2 May 2024 21:48:05 EDT (-0400)
  Converion tool (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: titus aurelius
Subject: Converion tool
Date: 26 Oct 2004 12:05:00
Message: <web.417e7499bb5d8038e0ceac960@news.povray.org>
I have seen many applications that can export files to POV format.
However I have never found anything that would accept POV ray files.

Is it really so hard to do ?

Marcin

Post a reply to this message

From: Ross
Subject: Re: Converion tool
Date: 26 Oct 2004 13:21:34
Message: <417e879e$1@news.povray.org>
"titus_aurelius" <tit### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> I have seen many applications that can export files to POV format.
> However I have never found anything that would accept POV ray files.
>
> Is it really so hard to do ?
>
> Marcin

there use to be a pov->moray conversion tool, but that was around version
3.0 or earlier or povray. from discussions I remember, it was pretty hard
and therefor discontinued when povray's complexity increased. (just found
this: http://www.irtc.org/pipermail/irtc-l/1997-October/003386.html)

Somone also made an OpenGL preview tool for some pov scenes. I think it only
accepted pov primitives though. I must be putting the wrong words into
google, because i'm not finding anything.

Post a reply to this message

titus_aurelius <tit### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Is it really so hard to do ?

  Yes.

http://tag.povray.org/povQandT/filesQandT.html#povtootherformatsdifficulty

> Somone also made an OpenGL preview tool for some pov scenes. I think it
only
> accepted pov primitives though. I must be putting the wrong words into
> google, because i'm not finding anything

VOP?
http://www.kfunigraz.ac.at/imawww/thaller/wolfgang/vop-intro.html

miyoken

Post a reply to this message

"miyoken" <miy### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> Ross wrote:
> > Somone also made an OpenGL preview tool for some pov scenes. I think it
> only
> > accepted pov primitives though. I must be putting the wrong words into
> > google, because i'm not finding anything
>
> VOP?
> http://www.kfunigraz.ac.at/imawww/thaller/wolfgang/vop-intro.html
>
> miyoken

Yep!