POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : Converion tool : Re: Converion tool Server Time
17 May 2024 17:05:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Converion tool
From: Ross
Date: 26 Oct 2004 13:21:34
Message: <417e879e$1@news.povray.org>
"titus_aurelius" <tit### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> I have seen many applications that can export files to POV format.
> However I have never found anything that would accept POV ray files.
>
> Is it really so hard to do ?
>
> Marcin

there use to be a pov->moray conversion tool, but that was around version
3.0 or earlier or povray. from discussions I remember, it was pretty hard
and therefor discontinued when povray's complexity increased. (just found
this: http://www.irtc.org/pipermail/irtc-l/1997-October/003386.html)

Somone also made an OpenGL preview tool for some pov scenes. I think it only
accepted pov primitives though. I must be putting the wrong words into
google, because i'm not finding anything.