POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : Snowflake Generator for Windows Server Time
28 Mar 2024 18:03:00 EDT (-0400)
  Snowflake Generator for Windows (Message 11 to 20 of 25)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 5 Messages >>>
From: Arne Kleinophorst
Subject: Re: Snowflake Generator for Windows
Date: 9 Nov 2007 09:33:58
Message: <47346FD4.5090609@spam.debitel.net>
Steve Shelby schrieb:
> "Samuel Benge" <stb### [at] THIShotmailcom> wrote in message
>> I hope to release another version soon. Glad you liked this one!
>>
>> Sam
>
> If you're open to suggestions, I have one. After it has been running for a
> while, it fills in so much space that it just becomes a big circle and
> doesn't look like a snowflake any more. How about limiting the number of
> changes it can make, so that when it reaches the point where it is starting
> to look like something other than a snowflake, it goes back to zero and
> starts over with a new one.
> Steve Shelby

IMHO it would be enough to simulate a "space"-push every once in a while
  , could be randomized between 5 and 20 seconds.

This would be looking great and really make a nice screensaver.

Arne

Post a reply to this message

> If you're open to suggestions, I have one. After it has been running for a
> while, it fills in so much space that it just becomes a big circle and
> doesn't look like a snowflake any more. How about limiting the number of
> changes it can make, so that when it reaches the point where it is starting
> to look like something other than a snowflake, it goes back to zero and
> starts over with a new one.
> Steve Shelby

Too late. I'm already developing a version which uses fractal recursion
to form the branches of the flake. It's a near-complete rewrite, but
it's almost finished now.

Sam

Post a reply to this message

No wonder! I've got a measly 1.6ghz pentium over here.... but will soon
have a new system with a quad core. That will be a happy day :)

Sam

Post a reply to this message