POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Snowflake Generator for Windows : Re: Snowflake Generator for Windows Server Time
27 Apr 2024 18:51:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Snowflake Generator for Windows
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 10 Nov 2007 17:27:24
Message: <4736304c$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 15:26:59 -0800, Samuel Benge wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Are there any prerequisites that need to be installed?  Tried running
>> it under WINE and it just hung, and in W2K under VMware it seems to
>> crash out with no error message.  I actually get further under WINE (I
>> get the initial splash screen).
>>
>> I figure I must be missing a required dependency.
>>
>> Jim
>
> I have no idea how to help you. You might need to get Dev-C++ and
> recompiled it for your machine. What version of DirectX do you have?

Under WINE it indicates dx8 is being used, (but it is emulated so maybe
just some missing functionality).  In my W2K VM, I show ... whoops, looks
like I might not've installed any version.  Will fix that and try again
in the VM.

The error message under WINE is:

err:wgl:X11DRV_wglGetProcAddress (wglMakeContextCurrentARB) - not found
err:wgl:X11DRV_wglGetProcAddress (wglGetCurrentReadDCARB) - not found
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x61f444,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_GetAvailableTextureMem (0x136bd0) : stub,
simulating 64MB for now, returning 64MB left
fixme:d3d8:IDirect3DDevice8Impl_GetDepthStencilSurface Call to
IWineD3DDevice_GetDepthStencilSurface failed

So this looks like a WINE issue.

Jim