POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : POVColor 1.3 released. Server Time
2 May 2024 13:17:22 EDT (-0400)
  POVColor 1.3 released. (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Allen
Subject: POVColor 1.3 released.
Date: 26 Sep 2004 14:26:00
Message: <415709b8@news.povray.org>
I finally got OE working with the newsgroups so this should now be the right
place to post to.

POVColor 1.3 has been released at povcolor.sourceforge.net.  Some new
features are as follows:

The program works, but there are still a few problems.

The load/import routine uses a rather pathetic parser I wrote.  It looks for
items in the format:

#declare <name> = <color_map | colour_map> {
  entries
  }

The entries can be either single or dual entries, but the color must be in
vector format, <1, 0, 0>  for example.  They must also be rgb or rgbt. Two
entries with the same position may cause problems as well because of the way
the gradient routines work.  The gradient routines expect each item to have
it's own position.  A possible future workaround would be to offset
identical items by a small amount.

Post a reply to this message

"Allen" <bri### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> I finally got OE working with the newsgroups so this should now be the
right
> place to post to.
>
> POVColor 1.3 has been released at povcolor.sourceforge.net.  Some new
> features are as follows:

> The program works, but there are still a few problems.
>
> The load/import routine uses a rather pathetic parser I wrote.  It looks
for
> items in the format:
>
> #declare <name> = <color_map | colour_map> {
>   entries
>   }
>
> The entries can be either single or dual entries, but the color must be in
> vector format, <1, 0, 0>  for example.  They must also be rgb or rgbt. Two
> entries with the same position may cause problems as well because of the
way
> the gradient routines work.  The gradient routines expect each item to
have
> it's own position.  A possible future workaround would be to offset
> identical items by a small amount.

cool, i'll try it out again. I always find myself using the same or similar
colors when I don't have a color choser around. sometimes even switching my
typing habits, like switching from decimals in vectors to fractions in
vectors (<0.xxx, 0.xxx, 0.xxx> versus <xxx/256, xxx/256, xxx/256>) gets me
out of habits and into different colors.