POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : POVColor 1.3 released. : Re: POVColor 1.3 released. Server Time
17 May 2024 04:25:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVColor 1.3 released.
From: Ross
Date: 29 Sep 2004 17:42:03
Message: <415b2c2b$3@news.povray.org>
"Allen" <bri### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> I finally got OE working with the newsgroups so this should now be the
right
> place to post to.
>
> POVColor 1.3 has been released at povcolor.sourceforge.net.  Some new
> features are as follows:

> The program works, but there are still a few problems.
>
> The load/import routine uses a rather pathetic parser I wrote.  It looks
for
> items in the format:
>
> #declare <name> = <color_map | colour_map> {
>   entries
>   }
>
> The entries can be either single or dual entries, but the color must be in
> vector format, <1, 0, 0>  for example.  They must also be rgb or rgbt. Two
> entries with the same position may cause problems as well because of the
way
> the gradient routines work.  The gradient routines expect each item to
have
> it's own position.  A possible future workaround would be to offset
> identical items by a small amount.

cool, i'll try it out again. I always find myself using the same or similar
colors when I don't have a color choser around. sometimes even switching my
typing habits, like switching from decimals in vectors to fractions in
vectors (<0.xxx, 0.xxx, 0.xxx> versus <xxx/256, xxx/256, xxx/256>) gets me
out of habits and into different colors.