POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : foreach macro Server Time
28 Mar 2024 11:02:07 EDT (-0400)
  foreach macro (Message 21 to 30 of 30)
From: jr
Subject: Re: foreach macro
Date: 27 Apr 2021 07:55:00
Message: <web.6087fa65d564bfd479819d986cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi WFP + TOK

"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

rename 'm_l10' to, say, 'mFoo', and it just works.  well, the parser's still "at
it".  :-)  something to do with the actual name!

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message

From: jr
Date: 27 Apr 2021 10:00:00
Message: <web.6088185ed564bfd479819d986cde94f1@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> hi WFP + TOK
> rename 'm_l10' to, say, 'mFoo', and it just works.  well, the parser's still "at
> it".  :-)  something to do with the actual name!

was rushed, earlier.  just did another quick test just with names.  I thought
there might be a limit on the number of identifiers with some identical prefix,
but it isn't so straightforward; may try other stuff nearer weekend (if still
"aktuell").

regards, jr.

Script started on Tue 27 Apr 2021 14:46:10 BST

jr@swift:8:foreach$ c### [at] namebugpov
#version 3.8;

global_settings {assumed_gamma 1}

#include "foreach_d.inc"

#declare A = array [1] {1};

#macro mac_01(i_,n_)
  #debug concat("macro 01",".\n")
#end
#macro mac_02(i_,n_)
  #debug concat("macro 02",".\n")
#end
#macro mac_03(i_,n_)
  #debug concat("macro 03",".\n")
#end
#macro mac_04(i_,n_)
  #debug concat("macro 04",".\n")
#end
#macro mac_05(i_,n_)
  #debug concat("macro 05",".\n")
#end
#macro mac_06(i_,n_)
  #debug concat("macro 06",".\n")
#end
#macro mac_07(i_,n_)
  #debug concat("macro 07",".\n")
#end
#macro mac_08(i_,n_)
  #debug concat("macro 08",".\n")
#end
#macro mac_09(i_,n_)
  #debug concat("macro 09",".\n")
#end
#macro mac_10(i_,n_)
  #debug concat("macro 10",".\n")
#end
#macro mac_11(i_,n_)
  #debug concat("macro 11",".\n")
#end
#macro mac_12(i_,n_)
  #debug concat("macro 12",".\n")
#end

#for (i_, 1, 12)
  Foreach(A, dictionary {.Macro: concat("mac_",str(i_,-2,0))})
#end

jr@swift:9:foreach$ povparse !$
==== [Parsing...] ==========================================================
macro 01.
macro 02.
macro 03.
macro 04.
macro 05.
macro 06.
macro 07.
macro 08.
macro 09.
macro 10.
macro 11.
macro 12.
File 'namebug.pov' line 48: Parse Warning: No objects in scene.

Post a reply to this message