POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Smooth edges on sphere and cube? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:23:14 EDT (-0400)
  Smooth edges on sphere and cube? (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Chuck Roberts
Subject: Smooth edges on sphere and cube?
Date: 28 Jul 2000 09:38:30
Message: <39818D7D.17AD6F52@accn.org>
Anyone know how to easily make rounded smooth edges on cubes and
cylinders?
TIA
Chuck

--
See my Free stuff page. It has compares free website provider,
and lists free internet access providers.

Post a reply to this message

Chuck Roberts <rob### [at] accnorg> wrote:
: Anyone know how to easily make rounded smooth edges on cubes and
: cylinders?

  You either use a superellipsoid or then use spheres and cylinders to
smooth the edges (there exists include files for this; someone can give
you an URL).

>   You either use a superellipsoid or then use spheres and cylinders to
> smooth the edges (there exists include files for this; someone can give
> you an URL).

There is also an isosurface function for that (requires megapov of course).

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>

| Chuck Roberts <rob### [at] accnorg> wrote:
| : Anyone know how to easily make rounded smooth edges on cubes and
| : cylinders?
|
|   You either use a superellipsoid or then use spheres and cylinders to
| smooth the edges (there exists include files for this; someone can give
| you an URL).

The only one I knew of was in the povray links:
http://ftp.tu-clausthal.de/pub/TEXT/EXPERT/mirror/povray/povray/objects
 The Rounded Box Include there and it's showing a Error:File Not Found.

Bob

Post a reply to this message

moray has built-in rouded cubes and cylinders.

Chuck Roberts wrote:

> Anyone know how to easily make rounded smooth edges on cubes and
> cylinders?
> TIA
> Chuck
>
> --
> See my Free stuff page. It has compares free website provider,
> and lists free internet access providers.
> http://www.crosswinds.net/~robertsc/free.htm
> Win98 help file loaded with hints and tips, including securing a
> Win 95/98 PC in a classroom setting. VB4 help file with lots of
> code and hints.
> At http://www.crosswinds.net/~robertsc/

Post a reply to this message

> There is also an isosurface function for that (requires megapov of
> course).

You are probably just talking about an isosurface superellipsoid, which
can render faster than the superellipsoid primitive but otherwise has
the same problems.

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message