POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : White is white ? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:15:40 EDT (-0400)
  White is white ? (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: eric
Subject: Re: White is white ?
Date: 18 Aug 1999 16:21:59
Message: <37bb15e7@news.povray.org>
Thank you all for your help and advice.. I'm new to POVRay (and raytracing,
actually..), and it's not always easy to understand tuning...

Anyway, I tried the various tricks you all gave me, and, finally, I have the
feeling that the most realsitic, in my case, was to put a multiplier on
colors statements (like 'rgb 2').

I appreciate your help and look forward being able to help you, too.
:o)

Eric

Post a reply to this message

I consistently use a  rgb 1.5 light as the main starting point since a
rgb 1 plane, with default finish, which is perpendicular to both light
and camera  will show this "white" plane as very nearly white indeed,
otherwise it would be gray. There's my logic.

Bob