POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Rolling ground fog, combination smoke,etc ? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:32:13 EDT (-0400)
  Rolling ground fog, combination smoke,etc ? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Johnny Smith
Subject: Rolling ground fog, combination smoke,etc ?
Date: 7 Mar 1999 05:15:18
Message: <36E252B9.FAA51CCC@netjava.net>
Been playing with the media things off and on.
Honestly,  haven't been too happy with the ground fog,  and
constant fog.
Tried all sorts of variations,    transform,  scale,  octave,
turbulence,  etc.

I was trying to create a  "rolling fog".  I mean,  the THICK
fog you see in the world war 2 movies.  The kind that rolls
along the ground,  but is separated in places so that you can
clearly see the ground.  (it's kinda hard to explain)
Does anyone know how to create something like this ?

                                                       Thanks,

                                                       Johnny

Post a reply to this message

Trouble with fogs is that they don't vary from transparent to opaque
right to do such as you want; distance is what fog transparency is based
upon ultimately. 'media' could do it, but it hasn't been fog-like enough
from what I've seen so far. Unless of course you are standing *in* the
"fog", which I've always seen the individual mist particles of in such a
case.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
 mailto:inv### [at] aolcom?PoV