POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Computer guts Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:28:27 EDT (-0400)
  Computer guts (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Peter Popov
Subject: Computer guts
Date: 7 Sep 1998 14:09:04
Message: <35f41330.0@news.povray.org>
Has anyone been raytracing so long as to have precisely enough modelled the
inside of his/her computer (just in case, though it's not necessarily seen
in the pic at all :) ) If so, can you please give me some advice? I have a
great idea for an animation, but I need a (rough) model of a computer, its
vital organs included.

TIA.

Peter

Post a reply to this message

> Has anyone been raytracing so long as to have precisely enough modelled the
> inside of his/her computer (just in case, though it's not necessarily seen
> in the pic at all :) ) If so, can you please give me some advice? I have a
> great idea for an animation, but I need a (rough) model of a computer, its
> vital organs included.

Go to http://www.irtc.org and view the Jan-Feb 1998 "Great Engineering
Achievements" round.  There is a very good image called 8088.jpg by
Morgan Fraser that may be just what you want.  The zipped source is
available there too, but if you plan to use any of it directly instead
of just studying it for educational purposes, you should contact Fraser
and get permission.

Jerry Anning
cle### [at] dholcom

Post a reply to this message

>Achievements" round.  There is a very good image called 8088.jpg by
>Morgan Fraser that may be just what you want.  The zipped source is
>available there too, but if you plan to use any of it directly instead
>of just studying it for educational purposes, you should contact Fraser
>and get permission.
>
>Jerry Anning
>cle### [at] dholcom

Thanks for the directions. That's what I'll do as a first step. I am not
planning to use Mr. Frases's objects but rather use them as guidelines, but
if I fail everything else, I will of course ask for a permission to do use
them.

Peter

Post a reply to this message