POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Computer guts : Re: Computer guts Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:27:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Computer guts
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 8 Sep 1998 10:57:35
Message: <35f537cf.0@news.povray.org>
Peter Popov <pet### [at] usanet> wrote:
: Has anyone been raytracing so long as to have precisely enough modelled the
: inside of his/her computer (just in case, though it's not necessarily seen
: in the pic at all :) ) If so, can you please give me some advice? I have a
: great idea for an animation, but I need a (rough) model of a computer, its
: vital organs included.

: TIA.

: Peter

Last month's irtc competition (www.irtc.org) July-August Theme elements. I
did a picture SelfPortrait of a Computer. The source is there. There's a
hard drive, the front of a stiffy, the front of a CDROM drive, a memory simm
and a CPU. They're not modelled 100% accuratly but are quite good (Well I
think they are)

Gail
gai### [at] rucusruacza                     http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/
--
Program: n. a magic spell cast on a computer enabling it to turn input into
            error messages

Opinions here are my own and not those of any organisation to which I belong