POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Re: 35 mm film metallic box Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:28:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 35 mm film metallic box (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: JK
Subject: Re: 35 mm film metallic box
Date: 24 Aug 1998 17:22:53
Message: <35E1CA7B.7E2FBD94@hotmail.com>
miro wrote:

> Someone has and can facilitate me a file or code to generate the image of a
> round metallic box for a 35 mm cinema film?
>
> Thanks!

What's so special about this box? Can't you just use some cylinders and CSG?
I'd be os so happy to show you, but I don't know what this box looks like
exactly...
It can't be that hard, though (??).

You're welcome.
JK

Post a reply to this message

From: K  Tyler
Date: 24 Aug 1998 17:52:11
Message: <35E1C41A.D8349107@pacbell.net>
JK wrote:

> miro wrote:
>
> > Someone has and can facilitate me a file or code to generate the image of a
> > round metallic box for a 35 mm cinema film?
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> What's so special about this box? Can't you just use some cylinders and CSG?
> I'd be os so happy to show you, but I don't know what this box looks like
> exactly...
> It can't be that hard, though (??).
>
> You're welcome.
> JK

I would think two cylinders and two torus would just about do it.
See example below. If you want a better texture do it your self.

K.Tyler

camera{location z*-30 look_at 0}
light_source{<0, 0,-100>rgb 1}
light_source{<0,14,   0>rgb 1}

union{
cylinder{<0,-1,0>,<0,0,0>10.0}
cylinder{<0, 0,0>,<0,1,0>10.1}
torus{10.1,.1}
torus{10.0,.1 translate .95*y}
pigment{rgb<.97,.98,1>}
finish{metallic ambient .3 diffuse .1 reflection .12
specular 1 roughness .01 brilliance 2}
rotate 15*-x}

sky_sphere{pigment{gradient y color_map{[0 rgb 1][1 color rgb<.196,.6,.8>]}}
pigment{bozo color_map{[0 rgb 1][.5,.55 color rgbf 1 color rgb 1][1 rgbf 1]}
scale 2}}

Post a reply to this message

> > > Someone has and can facilitate me a file or code to generate the image of a
> > > round metallic box for a 35 mm cinema film?
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> >
> > What's so special about this box? Can't you just use some cylinders and CSG?
> > I'd be os so happy to show you, but I don't know what this box looks like
> > exactly...
> > It can't be that hard, though (??).
> >
> > You're welcome.
> > JK
>
> I would think two cylinders and two torus would just about do it.
> See example below. If you want a better texture do it your self.
>
> K.Tyler
>
> camera{location z*-30 look_at 0}
> light_source{<0, 0,-100>rgb 1}
> light_source{<0,14,   0>rgb 1}
>
> union{
> cylinder{<0,-1,0>,<0,0,0>10.0}
> cylinder{<0, 0,0>,<0,1,0>10.1}
> torus{10.1,.1}
> torus{10.0,.1 translate .95*y}
> pigment{rgb<.97,.98,1>}
> finish{metallic ambient .3 diffuse .1 reflection .12
> specular 1 roughness .01 brilliance 2}
> rotate 15*-x}
>
> sky_sphere{pigment{gradient y color_map{[0 rgb 1][1 color rgb<.196,.6,.8>]}}
> pigment{bozo color_map{[0 rgb 1][.5,.55 color rgbf 1 color rgb 1][1 rgbf 1]}
> scale 2}}

  It's the sky sphere that does it.
:)

JK
--
http://surf.to/jkhome

Post a reply to this message

> > > What's so special about this box? Can't you just use some cylinders and CSG?
> > > I'd be os so happy to show you, but I don't know what this box looks like
> > > exactly...
> > > It can't be that hard, though (??).
> > >
> > > You're welcome.
> > > JK
> >
> > I would think two cylinders and two torus would just about do it.
> > See example below. If you want a better texture do it your self.
> >
> > K.Tyler
> >
> > camera{location z*-30 look_at 0}
> > light_source{<0, 0,-100>rgb 1}
> > light_source{<0,14,   0>rgb 1}
> >
> > union{
> > cylinder{<0,-1,0>,<0,0,0>10.0}
> > cylinder{<0, 0,0>,<0,1,0>10.1}
> > torus{10.1,.1}
> > torus{10.0,.1 translate .95*y}
> > pigment{rgb<.97,.98,1>}
> > finish{metallic ambient .3 diffuse .1 reflection .12
> > specular 1 roughness .01 brilliance 2}
> > rotate 15*-x}
> >
> > sky_sphere{pigment{gradient y color_map{[0 rgb 1][1 color rgb<.196,.6,.8>]}}
> > pigment{bozo color_map{[0 rgb 1][.5,.55 color rgbf 1 color rgb 1][1 rgbf 1]}
> > scale 2}}
>
>   It's the sky sphere that does it.
> :)
>
> JK
> --
> http://surf.to/jkhome

  Thank you. Thank you very much !

K.Tyler

Post a reply to this message

K. Tyler <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote in article
<35E1C41A.D8349107@pacbell.net>...
> JK wrote:
>
> > miro wrote:
> >
> > > Someone has and can facilitate me a file or code to generate the
image of a
> > > round metallic box for a 35 mm cinema film?
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> >
> > What's so special about this box? Can't you just use some cylinders and
CSG?
> > I'd be os so happy to show you, but I don't know what this box looks
like
> > exactly...
> > It can't be that hard, though (??).
> >
> > You're welcome.
> > JK
>

> I would think two cylinders and two torus would just about do it.
>
>  <snipped a quite reasonable film box>

	I've made a couple of slight improvements on Kens film box. See attached
file. I think it makes it clearer what it's meant to be and you can adjust
its dimensions by changing #declare'd variables. Texture still needs work.

--
Scott Hill
Sco### [at] DDLinkscouk

"The best trick the devil ever pulled was convincing people he didn't
exist..."
								- Verbal Kint.

"the Internet is here so we can waste time talking about nothing in
 particular when we should be working" - Marcus Hill.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'filmbox.pov.txt' (2 KB)

>         I've made a couple of slight improvements on Kens film box. See attached
> file. I think it makes it clearer what it's meant to be and you can adjust
> its dimensions by changing #declare'd variables. Texture still needs work.
>
> --
> Scott Hill

Nice touch. Your right, that texture still needs work. Anybody ?

K.Tyler