POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Re: 35 mm film metallic box : Re: 35 mm film metallic box Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:23:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 35 mm film metallic box
From: Scott Hill
Date: 2 Sep 1998 11:47:14
Message: <01bdd64c$13747620$8c00a8c0@shindo>
K. Tyler <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote in article
<35E1C41A.D8349107@pacbell.net>...
> JK wrote:
>
> > miro wrote:
> >
> > > Someone has and can facilitate me a file or code to generate the
image of a
> > > round metallic box for a 35 mm cinema film?
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> >
> > What's so special about this box? Can't you just use some cylinders and
CSG?
> > I'd be os so happy to show you, but I don't know what this box looks
like
> > exactly...
> > It can't be that hard, though (??).
> >
> > You're welcome.
> > JK
>

> I would think two cylinders and two torus would just about do it.
>
>  <snipped a quite reasonable film box>

	I've made a couple of slight improvements on Kens film box. See attached
file. I think it makes it clearer what it's meant to be and you can adjust
its dimensions by changing #declare'd variables. Texture still needs work.

--
Scott Hill
Sco### [at] DDLinkscouk

"The best trick the devil ever pulled was convincing people he didn't
exist..."
								- Verbal Kint.

"the Internet is here so we can waste time talking about nothing in
 particular when we should be working" - Marcus Hill.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'filmbox.pov.txt' (2 KB)