POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Can anyone help me make a spotlight illuminate a dusty room? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:20:19 EDT (-0400)
  Can anyone help me make a spotlight illuminate a dusty room? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
Subject: Can anyone help me make a spotlight illuminate a dusty room?
Date: 27 Jul 1998 20:27:52
Message: <35BD0D3E.7A661812@shaw.wave.ca>
ok, what i want is to have a ball bouncing (no problem) while being
illuminated mostly by an overhead spotlight (no problem) in a dusty room
(ie the spotlight beam is visible - PROBLEM).  i'm not really sure how
to do this, but maybe someone can help me? =)  here's the code i have so
far (rather, most of it... the pertinent part).  i'm pretty sure the
"media" part is wrong, but i have no clue what to change it to.

thanx for any assistance

media {
 scattering { 1, rgb 0.001 }
}

camera {
 location <-15, 10, -40>
 angle 30
 look_at <0, 2, 0>
}

light_source {
 <0, 25, 0>
 colour rgb 1.25
 spotlight
 radius 10
 falloff 15
// tightness 1
 point_at <0, 0, 0>
 area_light
 <0, 5, 0>, <0, 0, 5>, 5, 5
 jitter
 media_attenuation on
 media_interaction off
}

light_source {
 <-15, 10, -40>
 colour rgb 0.25
 shadowless
 media_interaction off
}

sphere {
 <0, 5, 0>, 2
 texture {
  BallTexture
 }
}

plane {
 <0, 1, 0>, -Rad
 texture {
  PlaneTexture
 }
}

Post a reply to this message

> ok, what i want is to have a ball bouncing (no problem) while being
> illuminated mostly by an overhead spotlight (no problem) in a dusty room
> (ie the spotlight beam is visible - PROBLEM).  i'm not really sure how
> to do this, but maybe someone can help me? =)  here's the code i have so
> far (rather, most of it... the pertinent part).  i'm pretty sure the
> "media" part is wrong, but i have no clue what to change it to.
>
> thanx for any assistance

Take a look at the example scene file in
the docsdemo directoty called atmos1.pov

K.Tyler

Date: 28 Jul 1998 10:06:13
Message: <35BDCCB3.97D9D8F5@shaw.wave.ca>
> Take a look at the example scene file in
> the docsdemo directoty called atmos1.pov

sorry, let me also add that i'm using pov 3.1  hence, no docsdemo
directory any more.  thanx neways.

Post a reply to this message