POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Question Server Time
2 May 2024 17:14:12 EDT (-0400)
  Question (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Woland
Subject: Question
Date: 22 Dec 2006 14:45:00
Message: <web.458c35984f812b1842494bfa0@news.povray.org>
I have one small question.
Does Pov-ray 64 bit works with two core processors ?
I know that it is not place for this type of question but I didn't know
where put question about hardware.
Thanks.

Post a reply to this message

From: Woland
Subject: Re: Question
Date: 22 Dec 2006 14:55:00
Message: <web.458c37a05d955ca542494bfa0@news.povray.org>
And one more thing.
Is it possible to make calculations at joined into cluster ?

I want to know because my calculations of isosurfaces with radiosty are
horrible :(:(:( long. I want to start making photorealistic scenes, but it
needs isosurfaces which containing several funcions (including sclaed noise
and fractals), and multi layered textures. When I'm adding rodiosty to this
i can forget about doing any other things at computer by next few weeks
:(:(.

Post a reply to this message

> Does Pov-ray 64 bit works with two core processors ?

It works, but uses only one core. 3.7 is promised to be threaded so
it'll utilize both cores.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
   http://www.zbxt.net