POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Turtle Graphics in PovRay? Server Time
2 May 2024 23:36:21 EDT (-0400)
  Turtle Graphics in PovRay? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Andreas Micheler
Subject: Turtle Graphics in PovRay?
Date: 26 Apr 2006 16:00:00
Message: <web.444fd0b668e4f903d1b05cfd0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

is there a 3D Turtle Graphics package for PovRay?
Or can someone show me, how to write one?

Thanks,
Andreas

Post a reply to this message

From: PM 2Ring
Subject: Re: Turtle Graphics in PovRay?
Date: 28 Apr 2006 11:40:01
Message: <web.445236b2dc15dabe76ba2c900@news.povray.org>
"Andreas Micheler" <And### [at] StudentUni-Augsburgde> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there a 3D Turtle Graphics package for PovRay?
> Or can someone show me, how to write one?
>
> Thanks,
> Andreas

Maybe. Check out this thread, although its almost 10 years old. The link is

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.utilities/thread/%3C347EFFAE.27E0C2EE@evolution.org%3E/?ttop=213550&toff=600

RTEvol supports:

   * definition of L-System tables for parametric, stochastic, and timed
     L-Systems
   * definition of tropism vector
   * mathematical vector and matrix  operations
   * a 3D graphics turtle support
   * freely programmable (POV-) script output via print() function
   * definition of your own functions (C-like)

Post a reply to this message

"Andreas Micheler" <And### [at] StudentUni-Augsburgde> wrote:
> is there a 3D Turtle Graphics package for PovRay?

Oops! I should've mentioned that this group is ONLY for discussing the
programming of POV itself, ie the POV source code. If you wish to continue
this 3D Logo discussion, we have to do it elsewhere, eg the general,
utilities or advanced groups.

Sorry Thorsten et al!

Post a reply to this message

> "Andreas Micheler" <And### [at] StudentUni-Augsburgde> wrote:
> > is there a 3D Turtle Graphics package for PovRay?
> Oops! I should've mentioned that this group is ONLY for discussing the
> programming of POV itself, ie the POV source code.

Well, it would be best if these 3D turtle graphics primitives would be
internal routines of PovRay, because else they'd be slow, so I think it's
not too bad to post my question here.

I can contribute some C++ code, because I have written 3D turtle graphics in
my aUCBLogo.

Thanks,
Andreas

Post a reply to this message