POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Combining POV-Ray colors in a program. Server Time
17 May 2024 05:34:34 EDT (-0400)
  Combining POV-Ray colors in a program. (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Allen
Subject: Combining POV-Ray colors in a program.
Date: 30 Sep 2005 19:55:01
Message: <web.433dcf3c2c4f4f5d6240e2de0@news.povray.org>
I've been working on a program for a while that is a color picker.
Currently it only supports red, green, blue, and transmit, but I would like
to add filter support as well.  What I need to know is the math used to
create a preview color from a solid background color and a foreground color
containing transmit and filter values.  I've looked through the source code
for POV-Ray, but have some difficulty in understanding some of it.  I would
greatly appreciate it if anyone could help me out.

Post a reply to this message

> I've been working on a program for a while that is a color picker.
> Currently it only supports red, green, blue, and transmit, but I would like
> to add filter support as well.  What I need to know is the math used to
> create a preview color from a solid background color and a foreground color
> containing transmit and filter values.  I've looked through the source code
> for POV-Ray, but have some difficulty in understanding some of it.  I would
> greatly appreciate it if anyone could help me out.

There is no real point in "previewing" a filter or transmit value as the
result does not depend on the color but that what you call the "background",
which actually means the recursive ray-tracing result color.  BUT, that is
what you cannot just compute by one simple mathematical formula ...

	Thorsten

Post a reply to this message