POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Combining POV-Ray colors in a program. : Re: Combining POV-Ray colors in a program. Server Time
1 Jun 2024 07:56:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Combining POV-Ray colors in a program.
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 30 Sep 2005 20:04:42
Message: <433dd29a$1@news.povray.org>
Allen wrote:
> I've been working on a program for a while that is a color picker.
> Currently it only supports red, green, blue, and transmit, but I would like
> to add filter support as well.  What I need to know is the math used to
> create a preview color from a solid background color and a foreground color
> containing transmit and filter values.  I've looked through the source code
> for POV-Ray, but have some difficulty in understanding some of it.  I would
> greatly appreciate it if anyone could help me out.

There is no real point in "previewing" a filter or transmit value as the
result does not depend on the color but that what you call the "background",
which actually means the recursive ray-tracing result color.  BUT, that is
what you cannot just compute by one simple mathematical formula ...

	Thorsten