POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : ABX, one last post here for you Server Time
8 Jul 2024 19:03:29 EDT (-0400)
  ABX, one last post here for you (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: normdoering
Subject: ABX, one last post here for you
Date: 15 Nov 2002 07:00:07
Message: <web.3dd4e16ca5622f4b84f6eaf50@news.povray.org>
ABX, I've found you helpful and informative and I don't want to end this
conversation -- but it is off topic. If you're interested I'd like to
invite you to the advanced-users area to participate in a little project
I'm working on that's partly based on work you contributed to the HF_
macros. (You are that ABX, yes? Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba?)

At any rate I hope to be posting something Saturday in that area that you
may be interested in.

I'm going to make this my last post here for awhile -- until I'm ready to
deal with POV internals. I have posted too much irrelevant stuff for this
group's purpose.

Too finish up from your last post:

> While I agree companies look for creative people with some
> experience I don't think showing code from POV means
> something.

I don't know. It depends on if they've heard of POV and what they think of
it.

> IMO such art companies use own tools mostly
> based on triangles and nurbs.

That sounds like Lightwave, their people talk about nurbs and how great they
are. They sound like blobs in POV. However, ray tracing and radiosity is
part of what they do too, a small part perhaps. I think maybe they have
something that looks like ray-tracing but renders faster, a different
algorithm... If I'm interpreting what I've heard correctly.

> That's different concept than in POV but I can be wrong
> becouse I never worked in art company.

Would you like to work for such a company?

As I said, I sometimes go to art conventions where these companies try to
sell their software to artists and ask us how we want to work with graphics
software. Maybe I could find out more for you? I don't really know them
well enough to make an effective introduction for you, however. I haven't
even bought any of their software -- it's too damn expensive. In a few
months I may be attending another convention -- any questions you might
like answered in regards to what they may be looking for in programmers
they hire?

> If you don't want to know internals of it just use modeller as
> shell. There is Moray available.

I've already used Moray and I'm still learning that.

--normdoering

Post a reply to this message