POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Superpatch Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:30:52 EDT (-0400)
  Superpatch (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: dstar
Subject: Superpatch
Date: 4 Apr 1998 11:47:57
Message: <m1g1jtsfcy.fsf@pele.ml.org>
What happened to the superpatch that some people were working on? Is
it still under construction?

Shalon Wood

--
People who do stupid things with hazardous materials often die.
--Jim Davidson on alt.folklore.urban

Post a reply to this message

From: Ronald L  Parker
Subject: Re: Superpatch
Date: 8 Apr 1998 09:20:31
Message: <352b77f7.946951@10.0.2.33>
On 04 Apr 1998 10:47:57 -0600, dst### [at] pelemlorg wrote:

>What happened to the superpatch that some people were working on? Is
>it still under construction?

There were actually two projects intended to integrate several patches
into one big patch.  One was my pet project, and one was Twyst's &
Jamis'.  Theirs is done, and is available from Twyst's website at
http://twyst.home.ml.org .  Mine isn't done yet, because I'm currently
involved in doing some difficult "real life" things.  I just need to
slap some finishing touches on it and finish writing the
documentation, and it'll be ready to go.

I also want to add a couple more functions to it, and perhaps merge in
the patches for the "slope" texture modifier that was posted a few
days ago, but those things shouldn't take too long.

I had considered waiting for the official release of version 3.1 and
trying to merge it into my sources as well, but I believe I'll just
release what I have when I find the time to finish the documentation.

Thanks for your interest!

Post a reply to this message

>There were actually two projects intended to integrate several patches
>into one big patch.  One was my pet project, and one was Twyst's &
>Jamis'.  Theirs is done, and is available from Twyst's website at
>http://twyst.home.ml.org .  Mine isn't done yet, because I'm currently
>involved in doing some difficult "real life" things.  I just need to
>slap some finishing touches on it and finish writing the
>documentation, and it'll be ready to go.
>
>I also want to add a couple more functions to it, and perhaps merge in
>the patches for the "slope" texture modifier that was posted a few
>days ago, but those things shouldn't take too long.
>
>I had considered waiting for the official release of version 3.1 and
>trying to merge it into my sources as well, but I believe I'll just
>release what I have when I find the time to finish the documentation.
>
>Thanks for your interest!

The problem with these various 'superpatch' compilations is that they all
have unique features :) I have THREE versions of PovRay now :)

1) The 'Official' Version
2) TMPov ( for the array and height field functions )
3) The Isosurface patch version.

Time for a new version absorbing all known patches?

Post a reply to this message