POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Superpatch : Re: Superpatch Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:18:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Superpatch
From: Charles Krause
Date: 8 Apr 1998 22:44:13
Message: <6ghc9h$l5e$1@oz.aussie.org>
>There were actually two projects intended to integrate several patches
>into one big patch.  One was my pet project, and one was Twyst's &
>Jamis'.  Theirs is done, and is available from Twyst's website at
>http://twyst.home.ml.org .  Mine isn't done yet, because I'm currently
>involved in doing some difficult "real life" things.  I just need to
>slap some finishing touches on it and finish writing the
>documentation, and it'll be ready to go.
>
>I also want to add a couple more functions to it, and perhaps merge in
>the patches for the "slope" texture modifier that was posted a few
>days ago, but those things shouldn't take too long.
>
>I had considered waiting for the official release of version 3.1 and
>trying to merge it into my sources as well, but I believe I'll just
>release what I have when I find the time to finish the documentation.
>
>Thanks for your interest!

The problem with these various 'superpatch' compilations is that they all
have unique features :) I have THREE versions of PovRay now :)

1) The 'Official' Version
2) TMPov ( for the array and height field functions )
3) The Isosurface patch version.

Time for a new version absorbing all known patches?