POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Re: CSG errors. Help? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:26:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG errors. Help? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Chris Huff
Subject: Re: CSG errors. Help?
Date: 24 Apr 2000 14:35:56
Message: <chrishuff_99-A69047.13385324042000@news.povray.org>
In article <390367b6@news.povray.org>, "Alf Peake"
<alf### [at] peake42freeservecouk> wrote:

> I was having another try at smoothly joining 2 different sized pipes
> or tubes at rightangles when I hit this problem - one tube developed
> large holes in it. Open or closed cylinders made no difference but
> they do change with camera angle or RadW. I used DOS versions of mpov
> 0.4 and pov 3.1g.

Since this isn't a programming question, you should probably have posted
it to povray.advanced-users.
Anyway, it sounds like a coincident surfaces problem. I haven't had a
chance to examine the source in detail, but make sure you always have
some overlap, and avoid having two surfaces occupy the same region of
space(intersecting surfaces are fine of course, but if a larger area is
coincident, POV has trouble deciding which one to render or whether to
remove a surface).

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/

Post a reply to this message