POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Bug in Compute_Axis_Rotation_Transform() Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:23:45 EDT (-0400)
  Bug in Compute_Axis_Rotation_Transform() (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Chris Huff
Subject: Bug in Compute_Axis_Rotation_Transform()
Date: 30 Jun 2000 18:39:35
Message: <chrishuff-FACEBB.17394030062000@news.povray.org>
I ran into this when writing the particle system patch. The vector V1 is
modified by the function, which normalizes it for internal use. The
function starts off like this:

void Compute_Axis_Rotation_Transform (TRANSFORM *transform, VECTOR V1,
DBL angle)
{
  DBL l, cosx, sinx;

  VLength(l, V1);
  VInverseScaleEq(V1, l);

I deleted the VLength and VInverseScaleEq, and rewrote it like this:

void Compute_Axis_Rotation_Transform (TRANSFORM *transform, VECTOR
AxisVect, DBL angle)
{
  DBL cosx, sinx;
  VECTOR V1;