POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Bug in Compute_Axis_Rotation_Transform() : Re: Bug in Compute_Axis_Rotation_Transform() Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:34:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug in Compute_Axis_Rotation_Transform()
From: Chris Huff
Date: 30 Jun 2000 19:41:16
Message: <chrishuff-750029.18412230062000@news.povray.org>
In article <slr### [at] linuxparkerrfwicom>,
ron### [at] povrayorg wrote:

> Not so much a bug, but a bit roundabout.

The use of VLength and VInverseScaleEq instead of VNormalize wasn't the
bug I was talking about...the vector passed to the function is being
normalized, when the function should create it's own copy. Since a
vector is an array, it can be modified from within a function it is
passed to.

I was using this function in some calculations for randomly changing the
particle direction, passing it the emission direction directly. Since
the direction vector in my patch specifies the speed as well as the
direction, all the particles ended up travelling at a speed of 1,
ignoring the length of the direction vector.

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/