POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : OpenEXR 3.x issues - call to arms Server Time
29 Mar 2024 08:10:36 EDT (-0400)
  OpenEXR 3.x issues - call to arms (Message 4 to 13 of 13)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: OpenEXR 3.x issues - call to arms
Date: 3 Jun 2021 19:43:39
Message: <60b9692b$1@news.povray.org>
Am 03.06.2021 um 15:32 schrieb jr:

>> Fix the Unix build process to do the right kind of version checking
>> and pulling-in of libraries (primarily relevant files:
>> `unix/configure.ac` and `unix/config/ax_check_openexr.m4`). The test for
>> the actual `IlmImf` library would have to be changed, to test for
>> `OpenEXR` instead if the version number detected is 3.0 or higher; also
>> in that case, a test for the `Imath` library would have to be performed,
>> which we currently don't have because it was effectively implicit when
>> OpenEXR was present.
>
> confused by your point (2) since 'Imath' is part of version 2.2.0 (and 1.7.1)
> already.

I'm confused by it all, too. At any rate, the math portions are no
longer found (even when fixing the IlmImf->OpenEXR thing), and that has
to be fixed.

 From all I've read on the internet, one thing seems quite obvious:
Those math portions are no longer part of an accompanying library, but a
library that - at least at this point - constitutes an entirely
independent project. And I've found talk about it having been "renamed"
(whatever that means) from `IlmBase` to `Imath`.

It's an ideal job to be delegated: I'm just as confuzzled by it all as
anyone else.

Post a reply to this message