POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : toFloat.h missing Server Time
28 Mar 2024 16:20:15 EDT (-0400)
  toFloat.h missing (Message 1 to 10 of 19)
From: Benjamin Chambers
Subject: toFloat.h missing
Date: 16 Sep 2015 13:51:23
Message: <55f9ac1b$1@news.povray.org>
So I'm trying to compile the source with VS2015, and the very first
error I find is that the file "toFloat.h" is missing.

I cannot find this file anywhere in the source; is it meant to be
auto-generated somehow?

Post a reply to this message

Benjamin Chambers <ben### [at] outlookcom> wrote:
> So I'm trying to compile the source with VS2015, and the very first
> error I find is that the file "toFloat.h" is missing.
>
> I cannot find this file anywhere in the source; is it meant to be
> auto-generated somehow?

That file isn't even /referenced/ anywhere in the source.  Could there be a
problem with your VS setup?

Post a reply to this message

On 9/16/2015 2:41 PM, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> Benjamin Chambers <ben### [at] outlookcom> wrote:
>> So I'm trying to compile the source with VS2015, and the very first
>> error I find is that the file "toFloat.h" is missing.
>>
>> I cannot find this file anywhere in the source; is it meant to be
>> auto-generated somehow?
>
> That file isn't even /referenced/ anywhere in the source.  Could there be a
> problem with your VS setup?

povray\libraries\ilmbase\Half\half.cpp:
   #if defined (OPENEXR_DLL)
   __declspec(dllexport) half::uif _toFloat[1 << 16] =
       #include "toFloat.h"
   __declspec(dllexport) unsigned short _eLut[1 << 9] =
       #include "eLut.h"
   #else
   const half::uif half::_toFloat[1 << 16] =
       #include "toFloat.h"
   const unsigned short half::_eLut[1 << 9] =
       #include "eLut.h"
   #endif

So it looks like I could get around this by using the OpenEXR library,
correct?

Post a reply to this message