POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Implementing new light source function Server Time
1 Jul 2024 07:10:16 EDT (-0400)
  Implementing new light source function (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Gianluca Massaccesi
Subject: Implementing new light source function
Date: 2 Mar 2004 11:47:05
Message: <4044ba89@news.povray.org>
Do you think is possible to implement a new function for a light source,
with rays function of solid angle (seeIES standard). I different words,
having the possibility of controlling the energy of rays in relation with
horizontal and vertical angle. It would be very usefull for modelling

Thank you all.

Post a reply to this message

> Do you think is possible to implement a new function for a light source,
> with rays function of solid angle (seeIES standard). I different words,
> having the possibility of controlling the energy of rays in relation with
> horizontal and vertical angle. It would be very usefull for modelling

This could probably be done in SDL with a sphere with a filtering pigment
around a normal light source, unless I misunderstand.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Post a reply to this message