POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Implementing new light source function : Re: Implementing new light source function Server Time
3 Jul 2024 06:28:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Implementing new light source function
From: ingo
Date: 3 Mar 2004 11:54:51
Message: <Xns94A1B63BA859Dseed7@news.povray.org>
in news:4044ef3b$1@news.povray.org Slime wrote:

> This could probably be done in SDL with a sphere with a filtering
> pigment around a normal light source, unless I misunderstand.

The hard part would probably be to convert luminance file to functions.
Ian Ashdown made a parser available for parsing IESNA LM-63 and similar
files, maybe that could be a start.

Also if I remember well, there was somebody who patched povray in a way
that it could work these IES files, but the code was never published.
Can't find the discussion, it was about a year (or more) ago.

I would realy welcom a POV-Ray feature that could read and deal with such
files directly. Many manufacturers of lighting systems make these data
available.

Ingo